CSN: The Super Bowl's golden anniversary will be held in the Golden State. The new stadium, which opens in 2014, in Santa Clara will host Super Bowl L two years later, the NFL announced Tuesday.
PHT: After coming back home in an 0-2 hole, the Sharks are now even with the Kings after holding on to win Game 4 Tuesday night.
PBT: The Grizzlies' Game 2 OT loss to the Spurs was a tough pill to swallow after rallying from 13 down in the fourth quarter, but there's a silver lining.
The USGA and R&A have spoken: There will be a ban on anchoring starting in 2016. Now chaos lingers and legacies hang in the balance.
Mike Scioscia has earned plenty of respect for his performance over the years, but if the Angels cut ties with him, don't expect the Dodgers to be the only suitor.
Horses in the Belmont Stakes on June 8 will face tighter security for the second straight year.
PST: The 20th MLS franchise, the New York City Football Club, will have some well-heeled backers in the Yankees and Manchester City.
MST: Charlie Kimball is confident heading to Indy, and his performance this year suggests he's a contender.
CFT: The Detroit Lions are expected to own and operate their own bowl game at Ford Field, starting play in 2014, according to a report by ESPN.
OlyTalk: Gabby Douglas hit her gym in Iowa for her first workout since the London Games and to talk strategy with her coach.
Rafael Nadal is currently ranked fourth in the world, but has had a dominant run lately as he has won seven of the last eight French Open titles. Mary Carrillo thinks we’re in store for a Nadal-Djokovic final.
· Is a self-employed logger and amateur poker player who lives in Oakland, Maryland, at the foot of Backbone Mountain, a town of no more than 400 people
· Started playing poker in 2006 after watching it on television
· Finished 2nd in the 2009 WSOP Main Event, and has lifetime live tournament winnings in excess of $5.18 million
· After making the final table in the 2009 Main Event, refused to sign an endorsement deal with an online poker site stating he didn’t want to answer to anyone
· Has been nicknamed the “Luddite Logger” for his opposition to anything technological, including cell phones, credit cards, and online poker
NHPC record: 1-1
NHPC total winnings: $0
2010: Defeated Bill Huntress before losing to Annie Duke in Round 2
PAD record: No appearances
|Saturday, May 18||1 - 4:30 p.m.||NHL Playoffs: Teams TBD||TBD||TDB|
|4:30 - 6:30 p.m.||Preakness Stakes||Baltimore, Md.||Bob Costas, Tom Hammond, Gary Stevens, Randy Moss, Kenny Rice, Bob Neumeier, Mike Battaglia, Donna Brothers, Michelle Beadle, Laffit Pincay III, Larry Collmus|
|Sunday, May 19||1 - 3 p.m.||Agmen Tour of California||California||Phil Liggett, Paul Sherwen, Bob Roll, Steve Porino|
|3 - 6 p.m.||NHL Playoffs: Teams TBD||TDB||TDB|
Note: All times ET