LAS VEGAS - A Clark County prosecutor says Charles Barkley is off the legal hook and the case on his $400,000 gambling debt is closed.
Chief Deputy District Attorney Bernie Zadrowski said on Friday that the retired NBA star sent a $40,000 check to pay statutory and bad check processing fees.
Earlier this week, Barkley paid $400,000 to Wynn Las Vegas after the resort filed a May 14 civil complaint in Nevada state court. It alleged Barkley failed to repay four $100,000 casino markers, or loans, received last Oct. 18 and 19.
The 45-year-old Barkley is an NBA analyst for Turner Network Television.
Y! Sports: For Roy Hibbert, a sense of ownership means knowing he should have fought to get in the game with two seconds remaining in overtime, when his absence allowed LeBron James to hit the winning lay-up.
Casino takes hit without Barkley?
Casino stocks plunged after Charles Barkley said he’d stop gambling. CNBC’s “Fast Money” pleads for Barkley to stay in the casinos.
The nation grieved for those hurt, killed and affected by the Boston Marathon bombings. After one of the suspects was caught on Friday — following a day-long lockdown and manhunt — sports returned to Boston over the weekend.
Video: NBA from NBC Sports
Reason for optimism after Game 1 loss?
PBT Extra: The Heat snuck past the Pacers in the final seconds of overtime in Game 1, and PBT’s Kurt Helin breaks down where the Pacers can go from here. Paul George had a monster game, and Helin believes the Pacers have a real chance at upsetting the top-seeded Heat.
Latest from ProBasketballTalk
Get your NBA cheer on
Check out some of the dancers from the NBA.